DTH at a Glance
DTH at a Glance: Advocacy edition
Dear DTH readers,
I'll just say it, High School Musical's "Start of Something New" is legendary. The song, the scene, everything.
I mean, watch the scene again. The shy beginning, with their nervous glances, and crossed arms. And then before you know it Zac Efron is throwing his jacket into the crowd and they're both hitting high notes. What a world.
If my math is right, Vanessa Hudgens was 17 years old when HSM was released, and Zac Efron was 18. That first HSM song really did start something new, it basically launched both of their careers.
For a group of 100 high school students, the song represents something slightly different but equally exciting.
- Justin Jackson is trading Carolina Blue skies for Cali sunshine with the Sacramento Kings. What a crazy three years it's been.
- It's no secret that gerrymandering is messed up. But how did we even get here in the first place, and what does it mean for our future?
- Deportation is a valid fear of many immigrants across the country. Here's how one UNC student handles that fear every day.
AT A GLANCE RECOMMENDS
- John Paul White // June 29 at Cat's Cradle Back Room in Chapel Hill - Formerly of The Civil Wars, John Paul White is restarting his solo career with his latest album, and you can join him on his journey. His Tiny Desk Concert offers up a tiny taste of what you can expect Thursday night.
- Festival for the Eno 2017 // July 1 and July 4 at Eno River, Durham - It's a lot of music, a lot of food trucks, and a giant river. You definitely want tickets to this annual festival. (Psst, volunteers get in for FREE. You know what to do with this information.)
- Raising Bertie Screening // July 1 and July 2 at Chelsea Theater in Chapel Hill - Following three African-American boys growing up in rural North Carolina, this documentary explores the poverty and inequality facing many people in our state.
Comments powered by Disqus
Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Tar Heel.