DTH at a Glance
DTH at a Glance: GoT (and the paper) is back!
Dear DTH readers,
When I was 16, I was skipping class to go to grocery stores and eating ice cream by the pint. The only apps I cared about were Candy Crush and Angry Birds, and up until that point the only company I'd ever ran was a failing lemonade stand.
And let's be real, now, as a journalism major I'll probably never see more than $23,000 per year. I try not to think about it.
That's not the case for this UNC sophomore. He's been running a company that makes apps since he was 16. His projects are worth $25,000 to $100,000, and he has 52 projects. Do the math.
- Most people don't know just how important bees are to our food system and environment. These local beekeepers are buzzing about why we need to #savethebees.
- The Morehead Planetarium is a gift, in more ways than one.
- We all know smoking is bad for both humans and the environment, but it seems like our policymakers are addicted.
- It's a common trope at UNC: Every first-year comes in as pre-med, but little do they know...
AT A GLANCE RECOMMENDS
- Hoopla: Party in the Park // July 14 at the N.C. Museum of Art in Raleigh, N.C. - OK. It's basically a giant Polynesian-style dance party with a Carolina luau and a fire show, and they're screening Moana at the after-party. Clearly it's worth the drive.
- National Ice Cream Day // July 16 at Maple View Farm in Hillsborough, N.C. - Do you really need an excuse to go to Maple View?
- Game of Thrones Season 7 Party // July 16 at The Baxter Arcade in Chapel Hill, N.C. - Free pizza from IP3 and the return of GoT shown on a giant screen. They had me at free pizza, though.
Comments powered by Disqus
Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Tar Heel.