DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Luke!

Dear DTH readers,

Let's be real. If I was famous, I would be the most extra person you know.  I'm talking an entourage around me at all times, constantly feeding me compliments, and totally reasonable requests like making sure my coffee is only stirred counter-clockwise (looking at you, JLo).
Luke Maye is the opposite of me, thankfully. The more famous he gets, the more he stays the same.
- Leah

QUICK HITS

• UNC has released correspondence with the NCAA that, among other things, includes a request for Roy Williams, Sylvia Hatchell and Larry Fedora to attend an NCAA hearing and the NCAA's statement of case against UNC.
  • Need to use the facilities? If you're a soccer, football, field hockey, lacrosse or track and field athlete, you might have some trouble with that.
  • Justin Jackson's departure might have made more headlines, but the graduated seniors of UNC basketball are going to leave a major gap in the lineup.

AT A GLANCE RECCOMMENDS

• Adoption Event & Yappy Hour // July 30 at Ponysaurus Brewing in Durham, N.C. - If you don't have a puppy and can't go to Wine Wag, it's all good. Just adopt one the next day at Ponysaurus, while still enjoying an adult beverage.
  • Bye Bye Birdie // Through July 30 at PlayMakers Repertory Company — Feeling old-timey and supportive of young people in the theatre? Go see PlayMakers' Summer Youth Conservatory's show.
  • Spider-Man Day 2017 // July 29 at Ultimate Comics Chapel Hill/Durham — Fun fact, Peter Parker and I share an MBTI type. I wish I also shared super-strength and a brain for science, but you can't have it all, I guess.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2024 Music Edition