DTH at a Glance
DTH at a Glance: Fightin' Friday
Happy Friday, everyone! As we gear up for the weekend (shoutout to all the new staffers that have DTH orientation today!), several other groups are also gearing up: the football team will face a reigning Heisman winner, the state is in a state of emergency in anticipation of Hurricane Irma and the Board of Governors will vote on a litigation ban on the Center for Civil Rights today.
Here's the news:
- North Carolina entered a state of emergency yesterday. Here's what you should be doing to prepare for Hurricane Irma.
- N.C. Attorney General Josh Stein has joined 15 other Attorney Generals in suing President Trump over his announcement to end DACA, which 27,000 state residents are benefactors of.
- Read about yesterday's rally re: the Center for Civil Rights ahead of today's vote.
Here's what you should know ahead of Saturday's Louisville game:
- UNC will face a reigning Heisman trophy winner for the first time in 40 years. His name is Lamar Jackson and he's frankly incredible. However, look past Jackson and it's easy to find the holes in Louisville's team.
- Some UNC players have worries past tomorrow's game — we talked to two players with family members in Florida that refuse to leave.
- As far as I know, UNC still has two starting quarterbacks. Brennan Doherty is making the case for Chazz Surratt to get the job for real.
Comments powered by Disqus
Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Tar Heel.