DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: The GOAT

Happy Tuesday, everyone! If you're like me, you'll be reading this half-awake after finishing your homework from the long weekend in a 3 a.m. daze. If you're not like me, good for you! Please teach me the value of time management.

If you are any level of like or unlike me and applied for The Daily Tar Heel, please come to our office to see if you made it onto staff! We made posters and they're really cute — almost as cute as the BABY GOATS one of our editors got to hang out with at goat yoga. 

Here's the news:

QUICK HITS

• We've received over 100 letters to the editor regarding Silent Sam in the three weeks since the fall semester started.

For our Labor Day issue, we published as many as we could fit in the paper.

• Forty-one percent of North Carolina municipalities have seen a decline in population between 2010 and 2016, according to recent study by UNC Carolina Population Center.
  • Saturday's football season opener may have been a disappointment, but Michael Carter had a pretty good day.
  • Senior Tanner Glenn is putting the party in nonpartisan with the UNC Institute of Politics.

ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?

• A hole was left in UNC's comedy community when DSI Comedy Theater shut down amidst sexual misconduct allegations. Here's how local funny people are fixing it.
  • Nonprofit Sacrificial Poets is hosting an open mic on Tuesday night featuring UNC Wordsmiths.
  • Last time we sent arts editor Karyn Hladik-Brown to review a concert she got kicked in the head. Fortunately, that didn't happen on Friday.

ANIMALS!

• “I’ve had classes where goats have jumped on people’s backs during downward facing dog." The goats at Spring Haven Farm won't be the only ones on campus soon, though.
  • The cats in the Goathouse Refuge are feline good in Siglinda Scarpa's care. 
  • Into the petting zoo but wishing things would get a little wilder at the State Fair? Fear not — change is coming.