DTH at a Glance
DTH at a Glance: Fleetwood Mac's best album, among other things
It is Wednesday, my dudes! Start your morning off right by reading about anniversaries, Aldermen and Amazon:
- I'll meet you in the PIT. That's the name of the comedy club that will fill the spot left by DSI Comedy Theater. Its owner, a UNC alum who helped found the Upright Citizens Brigade and wrote for SNL, hopes to have the PIT up and running next month.
- The last time UNC football faced Old Dominion University, they won 80-20. Among the lineup that day: T.J. Logan, Ryan Switzer, Marquise Williams, Quinshad Davis, Bug Howard, Lucas Crowley and, bizarrely enough, Kanler Coker.
- In this year's best use of "Hamilton" inspiration, UNC professor Alice Ammerman accepted the 2017 Thomas Jefferson Award with a rap.
SHOP 'TIL YOU DROP
- Rumors isn't planning on breaking the chain any time soon. The Chapel Hill thrift store is celebrating its four-year anniversary this month.
- And in the meantime, The Meantime Coffee Co. turned one yesterday!
- Student Stores is not celebrating a birthday, but it is celebrating a grand re-opening.
CITY AND STATE
- The town of Carrboro is 106 this year. It would be unrecognizable to its founders — for one thing, the name's changed.
- Two Republican NC legislators mistakenly signed a brief sent to the U.S. Supreme Court from the House of Representatives that supported a pledge to end politically-motivated gerrymandering. They've since gotten their names removed from the brief, but I bet they've never been more thankful for Ted Cruz.
- The Triangle and Amazon? Some people are shipping it after the company announced it would be building a new headquarters in the U.S..
Comments powered by Disqus
Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Tar Heel.