DTH at a Glance
DTH at a Glance: Land, legalities and limitation of speech
Happy Thursday, everybody! Read on for the latest news on the constructions, art exhibits, and garden sculptures at Chapel Hill:
- “Our jaws dropped and our stomachs clenched to see how many minors were getting married, how young some of them were and what some of the age differences were between the parties.” North Carolina has one of the highest rates of child marriage in the United States.
- There are some major plot developments happening in Chapel Hill: a new hotel, a refurbished Porthole alley, and a fresh grocery store.
- Students stage a quiet protest at UNC by posting hundreds of flyers around the University's buildings, under doors, and in mailboxes. University officials have since taken several of them down.
- University Career Services' new app "Handshake" can assist your employment search. Learn about here and at UCS' career fair today from 12-4 at Ram's Head Recreation Center.
- Ukrainian culture is on display in Chapel Hill this fall with a folk arts exhibition at the FedEx Global Education Centre.
- "It" hit the box office this weekend. Here's what(ever) Trevor thinks about it.
- There's no party like a garden party. The North Carolina Botanical Garden is hosting one this Saturday focused on their sculptures.
Comments powered by Disqus
Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Tar Heel.