Happy Friday, UNC! Hope your week was well-rounded. Here's today's news cycle:
- On Wednesday, several student organizations signed onto a letter to UNC administrators threatening a lawsuit if Silent Sam was not removed. Today, they explained why they sent the letter.
- The Town of Carrboro wants to help high school students develop civic engagement skills by giving them the chance to work for (and advise) Carrboro officials.
- UNC's Habitat for Humanity chapter received a $20,000 grant which will go towards the building of a home for a UNC health care worker and his nine-year-old son.
- You're gonna miss them when they're gone. Lenoir dining hall's coffee cups temporarily disappeared from their usual spot, which incited confusion.
- The town of Windsor is still recovering from 2016's Hurricane Matthew. While some of its businesses may never return, residents and state universities are working together to keep the area safe from further harm.
- All good things must come to an end. Los Trompos, also known as the fun colorful spinny things in front of the Ackland Art Museum, will be removed on Sunday. Students should plan to take their final swing before then.