DTH at a Glance
DTH at a Glance: Say it, don't spray it
Hey readers! It's the end of a long week, so I'm going to let the stories do the talking (at least for the quick hits). Here's the news:
(QUOTABLE) QUICK HITS
- “He’s kind of like an unofficial mayor of Chapel Hill.” Read our story on Al Bowers, Burger Shack founder, here.
- “I think even when you don’t come with a group, you’re laughing with the person next to you." Campus improv troupe False Profits is hosting their first show of the semester tonight.
- “At a certain point after all these undergraduate’s papers and articles have been written about me, I’ll be Chapel Hill history.” You've seen the town murals, but do you know their stories? Michael Brown and Scott Nurkin do — they painted them.
- How 'bout them Heels? We asked students to predict the score of tomorrow's football game against *shudder* Duke.
- UNC's here to celebrate. Yesterday saw the celebration of the Shuford family's $18 million gift to the entrepreneurship program and chemistry professor Joseph DeSimone winning the Heinz Award in the category of Technology, the Economy and Employment.
- Sylvia Hatchell is out for blood. She's one of the biggest supporters around of the UNC Blood Donation Center, which is turning 20 this year.
Comments powered by Disqus
Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Tar Heel.