Happy Tuesday! Today's news doesn't include baseball, but we're covering all our bases. Here's what you need to know:
- Silent Sam monument was erected in an "explosion of monument building." Here's what NC Legislation says about the situation.
- Chancellor Folt wheeled forward in last night's Three Zeros Initiative, highlighting her broader 5-year sustainability effort.
- Carrboro Music Fest brings an eager crowd for its 20th celebration of "pure talent felt on the streets."
Early voting begins in Orange County on October 19. Here’s the buzz around the ballot:
- Chapel Hill Town Council held a forum introducing council candidates last night. Check our live coverage from the event here.
- We asked, we didn’t get clear answers: UNC students aren’t sure if they’ll vote in local elections.
S P O R T S
- UNC "expectations for this season should not be too high:" Chris Hilburn-Trenkle isn't optimistic about the coming basketball season. Will Parker, however, thinks Chazz Surratt is doing pretty darn well.
- Basketball Coach Roy Williams "is on a mission to bring more five-star recruits to UNC." We're breaking down UNC's basketball recruits through the incoming class of 2019.
- Aaron Hernandez prompts concern for UNC football players in as questions arise about CTE-related death and safety in football.