Happy Friday, UNC! The long week is finally behind us. Enjoy some news before starting your weekend.
- UNC professor Gregory Cizek was appointed to the national education board last week. He will serve a four year term and set the policy for the National Assessment of Educational Progress.
- Why all the cheek swabbing at the Pit yesterday? UNC women’s basketball and Be The Match teamed up to find donor matches for cancer patients.
- It’s unclear when UNC will receive a ruling from its August NCAA hearing, but the expected timeframe for its release is approaching fast.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
- Rae Fairbanks Mosher was a teacher for 12 years, and never thought she would be a business owner. Now, she's in charge of 20-year-old Carrburritos as part of a family legacy.
- There’s nothing fishy about Tom Robinson’s Seafood shop: it’s one of the best kept secrets in Carrboro.
- The Chapel Hill Town Council held a candidate forum to discuss platform issues last night.
- Business may change, but the “Franklin Street feel” has, and always will, stay the same.
- Gardening and socializing go hand-in-hand at CCCG and Eta Epsilon’s Weed Dating event.