DTH at a Glance
DTH at a Glance: Radio, recruiting, rock 'n' roll
Happy Tuesday, UNC! We're almost halfway done with the week — here's what you need to know:
- The Faculty Executive Committee held its first meeting of the month to discuss undergraduate curriculum, the Silent Sam Controversy business and more.
- Cam Newton's recent controversy hit close to home for one of our female sportswriters.
- The 2018 recruiting classes for UNC football and basketball are beginning to take serious shape.
- "You're not going to be a DJ for a local radio station if you don’t genuinely love music, and you're not going to go through the terrible shifts at 3-6 a.m. and 6-8 a.m. unless you actually genuinely love music." UNC's WXYC is a place for growth, community and creativity.
- Rising indie group LANY's live performance at Cat's Cradle on Saturday night didn't match their carefully crafted studio releases — but their fans didn't really care.
- Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow" soared to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 this month. Here's why her success is rare, and why it matters.
- Mark Perry found a home for his writing in Chapel Hill. Now, he helps his students tell their stories through his playwriting class.
- “We need to make a place for them. Not view them as people who need our charity, but as people who are respected members of our community who are doing a very important job for us." The Chapel Hill Town Council is still working on a viable plan for affordable housing.
Comments powered by Disqus
Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Daily Tar Heel.