Happy hump day, UNC! Read on to find out about fakes, faculty and fundraising:
- While fake IDs are prevalent at UNC, many students are unaware of the legal risks they run and the standards local restaurants and bars use to identify the fakes.
- After the latest round of elections, North Carolina has 20 elected LGBTQ+ officials — and while some are thrilled with the results, others think there’s still progress to be made.
- “The annual loss of honey bees from pesticides in their environment would fill Kenan stadium 7 feet deep with dead bee carcasses." NC PIRG is working to save the bees this Thanksgiving, and year-round.
- Protesters say it is their “duty to fight” to remove Silent Sam at a protest following the discovery of an undercover police officer presenting himself as sympathetic to their cause.
- Artist Marc Handelman visited UNC to talk about his landscape paintings and how they address issues such as ideology, racism and more.
- UNC faculty member Altha Cravey is suing the University after being denied the position of full professor twice. Though many struggle to reach this title, Cravey believes she has not been promoted due to her feminist research.
- COLUMN: Harassment comes in many forms, but racism and socially constructed whiteness appear more frequently online as cyber-racists use a veil of anonymity to protect them.
- OPINION: UNC students have come together to raise enough money for crossing guard Joann Isom to visit her son, but we shouldn't stop there — we have the ability to raise awareness and help even more people.
- YOU ASKED FOR IT: Highway adoption is a serious issue. Deciding to adopt a highway can be scary, confusing and exciting, and our writers are here to help you.