Happy Friday, UNC! Here's the news for the end of one of the last full weeks of the semester:
SPORTS AND STUFF
- “He’s an unbelievable defensive player, really a great leader.” While wearing a splint on his healing right hand, Joel Berry II started against Bucknell with six assists and four rebounds in 30 minutes of play.
- After coming off of one of their best performances of the season, UNC football will play against WCU this Saturday in their last home game of 2017.
- First-year Janelle Bailey has only played three games as a Tar Heel, but it's clear she has star power: she recorded a double-double in Thursday's women's basketball game against Radford.
- Local improv theater the PIT Chapel Hill is hosting a Pitch Jam tonight as a part of a series of events before their official opening in the building that formerly hosted DSI Comedy Theater.
- Ready to get weird this weekend? You should check out "The Four Underwear Models of the Apocalypse," a dance cycle put on by UNC’s Department of Communication. No, we don't know what it's about either.
- “We want to create this process not just for young writers but also for young actors and directors with the theater, a process not currently reflected on campus.” The New Works Project will have their first performance this Friday.
- The UNC Board of Trustees met on Thursday to discuss Silent Sam, the Davie Poplar fire, Horace Williams Airport closure and more.
- More local businesses are going cashless. Will this benefit the local economy, or will it restrict those who don’t have credit cards?
- OPINION: Are GPAs a good indicator of student performance, or are they a source of unnecessary stress?