It's the first day of December, also known as Eat A Red Apple Day, apparently. Don't forget to dig into a Red Delicious today! Now here's some news.
IN BASKETBALL NEWS
- Dean Smith's life laid out in his letters and scrapbooks can now be viewed in Wilson Library. The special collection includes correspondence with Michael Jordan and Indiana University coach Bobby Knight.
- Wednesday night's 86-71 win over Michigan gives UNC men's basketball a much-needed reset after the worst shooting performance in program history in last week's game against Michigan State.
- In the lead-up of the Center for Civil Rights' imposing shutdown, two staff members were suddenly let go.
- If you're looking for the perfect coffee shop to study in as we approach finals season, check out the reviews from our city reporter. And if you're trying to figure out the best place to cry on campus, take a look at our university writer's hot takes on UNC's finest sob spots.
- Researchers at Duke University have crafted artificial human heart tissue that can help heart attack victims. Scientists have been working toward this achievement for 20 years.
- Editorial board members called for a critical discussion of Greek life and whether it should remain at UNC, citing instances of hazing and sexual assault across the country.
- Columnist Cameron Jernigan discusses the misconception many people have about rural America's population being completely white. He calls attention to people of color living in rural America and the problems they face.
- This Cuffing Season, the editorial board wants to help you find a boo. Take a look at their recent editorial for some tips and tricks.