It’s the last week of classes! Pat yourself on the back and check out these headlines:
QUICK CITY HITS
- Chapel Hill and Carrboro residents spend way more on water and sewage than Durham and Raleigh, and there’s not a clear answer why.
- REVIEW: The Shoppe Bar and Meatball Kitchen in Carrboro offers a pleasant, fun experience — and some pretty delicious meatballs.
- Ready to get jolly? ‘Tis the season to check out all these holiday festivities in Chapel Hill.
- Although it was their seventh game in past 2 weeks, the men’s basketball team gave a high-energy performance against Tulane on Sunday in a 97-73 win. The Tar Heels were led in the front-court by first-years Brandon Huffman, Sterling Manley and Garrison Brooks with a combined 24 points.
- After a goal in the 80th minute, the men’s soccer team defeated Fordham 2-1 on Saturday to advance to the NCAA semifinal.
- The women’s basketball team closed out a weekend of victories on Sunday night in a hard-fought 56-43 matchup against App State.
- UNC graduate students spoke out against a proposed US House of Representatives’ bill that could have negative consequences on graduate students’ finances.
- Ever felt the urge to eat a dozen doughnuts and then run four miles? That’s what over 200 people did in the Dozen Doughnut Dash on Saturday, which raised over $1,500 for UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- “It’s important because it’s not just teaching my children how to swim, it’s teaching them to have confidence in themselves.” Carolina Swim Clinic provides swim lessons to children from low-income families and English tutoring to their parents.