Happy Tuesday, UNC! Here's the news from LWOC:
- “When you think about our command staff and supervision, there are actually only about 80 some field agents. So, a lot of times we get confused with other agencies." While alcohol law enforcement agents may appear to have a heavy presence at UNC, their actual numbers in the State Bureau of Investigation are surprisingly small.
- “I like being responsible for both all the mistakes and all the accomplishments. For anyone who’s looking for a release, a way to work in high-intensity situations, to feel more confident, it’s a great outlet and incredibly empowering.” UNC's co-ed boxing club provides competitive fun across all levels of training.
- Orange County Elections Director Tracy Reams is retiring, effective January 31, 2018. We talked to her about the controlled chaos of election night, and the challenges that come along with ever-changing laws.
- “The Week of Balance is a week — a little bit more than a week — of activities during exam time that are intended to provide opportunities for students to relax and recharge and take a mini break from studying." UNC Libraries wants you to round out the semester in a chill, healthy way.
- Trying to avoid that 10-page paper? We curated a list of the best movies to use for procrastination, whether your taste leans toward Christmas nostalgia or forward-thinking indie production.
- Already dreaming of that post-finals celebration dinner? We asked UNC students where they like to go to relax after taking exams.
- REVIEW: UNC Chamber Players performed six individual pieces at the UNC Department of Music for an entertaining, moving and uplifting performance.
- “If someone is proven to be genetically obese, then the treatment would depend, in part, on what the molecular mechanism is that is causing them to be obese." UNC and Duke are collaborating on research that examines the impact of genetics on obesity.