Goooooooood morning, UNC! Here are some headlines to get you through hump day:
- UNC’s Kenan-Flagler will implement a new $2,000 fee next year for undergraduate business students — but this won’t be enough to cover the ambitious program expansion that directors have in mind.
- UNC student startup Watchdog Medical aims to save infants’ lives by tracking early symptoms of intestinal disease — and it was all inspired by a class project.
- “With determination, help with access to information and a lot of luck, refugees can achieve the American dream.” The Refugee Support Center helps to break down health barriers for Chapel Hill’s large refugee population.
- After dropping five of their first eight games, the Tar Heels have now improved their record to 22-11, continuing their hot streak on Tuesday night with a 4-1 victory over Appalachian State.
- Strrrrrike! By the end of UNC softball’s 3-0 shutout of Longwood on Tuesday, sophomore pitcher Brittany Pickett had tallied seven strikeouts, bringing her total to 150 on the season. It was also her seventh complete game shutout of the year, two more than her tally from all of 2017.
- After defeating seven teams to win one gold and two silver medals during the Sunshine State Invitationals, UNC rowing is optimistic about a strong showing in the ACC Championship to end their season.
IN THE ARTS
- “We don’t get these kind of shows here. It’s absolutely a stunner.” The North Carolina Museum of Art’s newest exhibition includes works from 15 different artists around the world and gives you a chance to interact with light, color and sound.
- LAB! Theatre’s last show of the year, “Constellations,” emphasizes how every choice impacts a relationship by depicting different moments in a love story. It premieres Thursday.
- “The point is to experience it with other human beings who are enjoying the experience as you are.” Southern Culture’s Poetry on the Porch event gave UNC students a chance to appreciate art, poetry, and their local community.