Good morning, Tar Heels! As you begin your LWOC, here are some updates on senior day sports, UNC’s cost of attendance and a “reverse” town hall meeting:
- “It was silly of me to think of it, but at the time I thought that I let it happen just because I let him into my room.” On a college campus described as “rape-supportive," victims of sexual assault experience repercussions ranging from social and mental to judicial.
- A “reverse” town hall on gun violence, hosted at the Stone Center on Sunday, gave North Carolina representatives the opportunity to listen to their student constituents.
- OPINION: “I choose vulnerability, I choose hope, I choose joy.” After a period of struggle, editorial board members Devon and Rachel say farewell to the past year and make certain choices for their life ahead.
- It was a bittersweet weekend for UNC women’s tennis. They lost the ACC regular season championship to Duke, but Senior Day brought a 6-1 win for the team against Pittsburgh.
- “I said ‘Let’s win the game.' That’s what they wanted to do — just win it for the seniors.” UNC men’s and women’s lacrosse teams thrived this weekend with Senior Day victories against Notre Dame and Duke.
- "It’s not impossible, but it’s improbable that you're going to do that in this league against a really good team." On Saturday, UNC baseball brought home their first series sweep against Georgia Tech in more than two decades.
- Carolina General Aviation said farewell to Horace Williams Airport the best way they know how: by taking 24 students along for an aerial tour of UNC.
- In the past, UNC has consistently overestimated its cost of attendance. Here's how that puts students seeking financial aid in a difficult position.
- Southern Methodist University’s The Daily Campus may now rest in the hands of the university’s journalism school after its parent company dissolved, raising questions about the survival of independent college newsrooms (like this one) around the country.