Happy Hump Day, Heels! Check out our news as your enjoy your LWOC and prepare to send off another graduating class.
QUOTABLE QUICK HITS
- “I have no choice but to stay here.” After fleeing from Honduras to protect her family, an undocumented resident has taken sanctuary in a Chapel Hill church to avoid deportation.
- “You are never not afraid.” Transgender students in North Carolina are still fighting discrimination from their administration, peers and community more than a year after the repeal of HB2.
- “When you’re doing the right thing, you save everyone money and time and everything." The Orange Water and Sewer Authority’s new initiative will help residents save money, manage water usage and protect the environment by reducing water waste.
- We print news, we raise hell — it's what we do. Don't forget to come out to the DTH's book club event this afternoon to discuss the paper's controversial and university-defining history!
- From the blue carpet walk to inside jokes to guest speakers, the sixth annual Rammys Awards honored UNC’s student-athletes, and reminded them that they are not alone in their “four-year balancing act.”
- After securing the best regular season record in program history, the men’s tennis team is preparing for the ACC Championship with high hopes. We spoke with head coach Sam Paul about their successful season, tournament preparation and stand-out players.
- COLUMN: “No matter where life may take us, we will all think again of Chapel Hill and — thinking — come back home.” As another class graduates, Kirk Kovach reflects on his time at UNC.
- Fetzer Gym is ending its clothing and basket service on May 11, angering faculty members who appreciated and paid for it.
- "Nothing happens with a big tree that I don’t know about." UNC's campus is tree-mendous, thanks to the efforts of our very own Lorax and his dedicated department.
- So you had a long year and want to ditch your stuff to forget. Don't make the planet suffer too — donate or recycle your old sheets, clothing and furniture.