DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Mystery Machine

Good Morning and Happy Friday to everyone but the 40 days and 40 nights of rain we are currently receiving:

Last year I lived in the dorm closest to the baseball field. You could literally see the whole field from the back of the building. For a baseball fan like myself, it was a magical time. When I found out I was living there, my immediate thought was, "I can't believe how many foul balls I'm going to find! What fun!"

I found none — nine months with zero results.

On Wednesday, I was walking to my new residence passing the baseball field, scouring the ground for arrant gems flung from Tar Heel bats, when I looked up and found a ball perfectly perched on the wall behind center field. I took it. 

Life is a mystery. No one knows mystery like New York Times best-selling author Ellery Adams. That's not even her real name. How much more mysterious can you get?

The Rundown

You said it:

We receive many letters to the editor each week. Now that we are officially up and running with summer publication, we are sharing some of the ones written to us over the past few weeks. 

TOPIC: Maya Little, a Ph.D. student in history, protested Silent Sam with red paint and her own blood. She was arrested on charges of vandalism.

Here's what you guys had to say about it. 

Find your food festival

In case you missed it, we did a big ~bonus calendar~of this weekend's activities. Hopefully it will not be too rainy and you'll be able to check out these great events around the Triangle. (Tip: save room for seconds)

"One feels like a duck splashing around in all this wet!"

John Mulaney