DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Omaha!

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Since their season could end at any time, I'd like to tell you about my scorebook and how I helped the Tar Heels make it to their first College World Series since 2013. 

I started being interested in baseball in high school for a boy (hint: it worked), but then my interest quickly became a beast of its own. I loved the game, but I was tired of not knowing the details, and let's face it: baseball is a long game. So I started scoring them (writing down plays and pitch counts, basically a lab report) and after two years, I have two scorebooks full of UNC baseball games.  

Come Saturday, I had room for one more game in my book. Cosmically, the Tar Heels had to win. And they did. Looking back at more scorebook, if you had asked me if this team would be here back in March, I would've laughed. And I'm not alone. Read this column about how head coach Mike Fox turned the season around.

Maybe next time, I'll tell you how I helped the basketball team win the 2017 National Championship.

The Rundown

• Rice balls and sushi and bubble tea, oh my! Read to learn about the new restaurants coming to Franklin and the answer to the case of the missing Smoothie King.
  • I bet you're wishing I'd shut up about the UNC baseball season. Trust me. I would if we would stop winning so dang much. Here's the breakdown of how UNC punched their ticket to Omaha.
  • Debates continue over occupancy limits in the Lloyd-Broad neighborhood of Carrboro. Some say the streets can't handle the influx  of students while others want to make sure they stay an integral part of the community. 
  • A UNC-Duke medicine marriage hosted an event to raise money for the children of Malawi. These two doctors want to advance healthcare, education and food security in the country. 

Meme Monday

If you ever graced the dorms of UNC's campus, you might think we made this one a little *too* close to home. Take a gander at this gem from our Welcome to UNC! Facebook page. 

Things to Do

• June 11- Q&A and Book Signing- Learn about the mysterious lost colony of Roanoke and America's greatest mystery with the man who literally wrote the book on it. (Flyleaf Books)
  • June 11- Monday Supper Series- The Lakewood will be hosting a new chef every Monday. Tonight, they will have "flowing noodles." It's like a delicious mini-game for food. (The Lakewood)
  • June 13- Nerd Nite- Want to go LARPing, but haven't nailed the dancing yet? Need to perfect your costume for the next con? Local 506 wants to help you out. (Local 506)

"OMAHA"

Peyton Manning