DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: 11-Story Staircase

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

In the Atlanta Public School system, as with most school systems, there is a major fight for renovation money. While I was in middle school, the rival high school got approximately a bajillion dollars to remodel their entire school. (My school didn't even have class sets of math textbooks. Just saying.)

Part of the school's genius renovation plan was to build a 11-story addition featuring three elevators and spiral staircase. This, of course, went terribly and everyone hated it because, big surprise: the elevators never worked or were always full. Plus, spiral staircases, while aesthetically amazing, are objectively bad staircases at their core. 

So joke's on them, now they are miserable and late to class. Meanwhile, my high school might now be getting a robotics lab – take that, Warriors! Hopefully, the new renovations at Chapel Hill High School wont have the same perilous end as the 10-story staircase. 

Yah-i Amen, one of the founders and owners of Vegan Flava Cafe, engages with guests at the Blue Dogwood location soon to open to the public.

The Rundown

• Calling all vegans, gluten-sensitive folks and nut-allergy sufferers: Blue Dogwood Public Market wants to welcome you with open arms at their new food hall style venue opening Friday. 
  • Luke Maye has decided to return to UNC for his #SeniorSZN (thank God). Maye and Roy spoke to the press today about the team's future and what Luke learned in the draft process.

COPS!

Suspicious conditions and noise complaints abound. Check out what's going on in your town with our cops update. 

Things to Do

• June 13- Wine Down Wednesdays- Smooth jazz and 50 percent off wine bottles? Sign me up. Plus there will be treats for the kiddos. Make it a family night out! (La Vita Dolce)
  • June 14- Movies Under the Stars- Grab your capes and lasso because Wonder Woman is coming to town. This FREE movie showing is fun for all ages and a DC Comics classic. (Wallace Plaza)
  • June 13- Charlotte Knights vs. Durham Bulls- Enjoy a little in-state rivalry and a puppy parade at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. Bring your pup to Bark at the Park and seriously, there's a puppy parade! How could you not go? (DBAP)

"Would you like AMMMMM or FMMMMMM???"

Mr. Mosby