DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: High Heels and a Suit

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!

When I was in high school, if you asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up I said I just wanted a job were I got to wear high heels and a suit everyday.

Having been in speech and debate as a youth,  this ensemble became like a super suit to me, and I knew  that  I would do any job better while wearing it. 

One day after my mom came back from Spring Training , she said she saw a young woman running around all day while there were there. She was organizing things, leading people and, most importantly, wearing a suit. She said she thought that could be me one day.

Maybe it still can be. However, as a Twitter storm highlighted Monday afternoon, women do not exactly overwhelm the sports media industry. Our Sports Editor, Jack Fredrick, wrote a column addressing ratios in the press box and in our own office. 

The Rundown

• DTH's Seth Newkirk's newest column was inspired by a sticker. Watch what you put on your laptops, folks. Newkirk advocates for free expression and public discussion - even in the extremes. 
  • UNC officially has its first recruit that will arrive after I graduate. That's weird. The 6'9" rising junior has shown growth already and his coach says he has five-star potential. 

Tunesday

Our office has guests this week in the form of budding, high school journalists. We decided to let them take over Tunesday and show us what the cool kids are listening to. 

Things to Do

• June 19-Aerial Trapeze Sessions- Yearn for the circus life, but are stuck in Chapel Hill? Take your aerial skills to the trapeze game and soar through the air. (Triangle Yoga)
  • June 20- Carrboro Farmer's Market- In case you are looking for an especially Carrboro activity, grab your reusable grocery bags and pick up some fresh fruits and veggies. (Carrboro)
  • June 20- Trivia Night- Grab some friends who are good at Jeopardy and get that perfect combo of beer and quizzes at what was voted the #1 trivia in Orange Country. (Vecino Brewing Co.)

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

Harvey Specter (from Suits)