DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Highway to Hell

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

I am from Atlanta, a city known as the epicenter of bad traffic. I admit it's true. The traffic there is horrendous and I have learned to be egregiously early because of that. I thought it would be smooth sailing up here in the Carolinas.

I was wrong.

While driving up here  I discovered a kind of purgatory that goes by the name: Kannapolis. The locals say that the construction around this near-Charlotte town has been going on for what feels like decades. 

Having only crossed it a few times in my life, I truly am deeply sorry that there are citizens of this nation that must suffer its backed up, one lane, nightmarish clutches on a more frequent basis. If you don't know what I'm talking about, great! Don't go.

Chapel Hill is looking into a little highway makeover itself in the form of U.S Route 15-501. A town hall was recently held to learn from citizens what they wanted out of the highway and its entrances.

According to UNC student responses to the AAU survey, over 68 percent of students who reported being sexually assaulted in any manner said they never reported the assault because they thought it would be too difficult or embarrassing, or that it wasn’t serious enough. 

Clarification: This photo was taken at Kenan Stadium to show the UNC logo. The story does not involve the football team in any way.  

The Rundown

• UNC was found in violation of Title IX after a five-year investigation. the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights commended steps the University has made to improve, but stated there is more work to be done. 

Tunesday revisited

Honestly y'all, today was a wild day for me. Between technology glitches and the creation of the DTH's mail home edition (watch your mailboxes incoming first years), it's been a rollercoaster. I can't be alone in the need for a little midweek pep. Here is my motivational Tunesday playlist from yesterday to pump you up. 

Things to Do

• June 27- Paint Your Pet- For all y'all out there with the love of your life, aka your pet, at home this one is for you. As someone who is away from their pupper, take advantage of the opportunity. (Wine & Design)
  • June 28- After Hours-  Enjoy music on the Carrboro lawn for the last time until August. This Thursday's band will be Scouts Gone Bad. Let's hope they all got their music badge. (Weaver Street Market)

“Get some rest, tall child! You can’t keep burning the candle at both ends!”

John Mulaney on what people looking at him must think