DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Last time on COPS!

Good Morning and Happy Pre-Friday!

Promposals are pretty dumb. Sorry if that is a hot take and your boyfriend painted your name in the middle of the football field while hoisting a boombox above his had. Maybe I'm jealous because all of the times I was asked to prom were fairly...bare bones. 

The rest of my school was not on my page. January through March of junior and senior year were always filled with larger than life proposals to attend the high school milestone. One girl, however, takes the cake. 

At lunch, a cop car pulls up to the courtyard and begins to arrest a boy at lunch. It was the full deal with cuffs and everything. Luckily (?) when the boy got to the car, his girlfriend was waiting inside with a clever cop pun asking him to prom. Her dad was a cop and thought this would be romantic. I refer you to the first sentence of this newsletter.

Luckily, cops are used for more than promposals. We have your crime report from the June 22 to June 28 from the Chapel Hill Police reports.  

The Rundown

We decided to do things a bit different today. Each section editor has written about something they have feelings about. Sure, it's not hard news, but they are all still good reads. 

• Column: In a rush to find an identity in college, University Editor David Saff thinks many students crack under the pressure to be different.
  • Column: While Carolina Covenant brings relief and the college dream to some, City/State Editor Suzanne Blake finds that those struggling just above the income requirements can feel as though they've been left behind. 
  • Column: Scores and records aside, sports is more than what we see on the screen. Sports Editor Jack Frederick chronicles life and meaning through the lens of sports. 

The Wayback Machine

I have a feeling y'all are gonna like this one. Thanks to a 1982 issue of The Daily Tar Heel, I have a picture of the one, the only Michael Jordan showing us when the ceiling was just how high he could jump. (Spoiler: It's high)

Plan Your Weekend

Well, we blinked and June is over. Just like that we are almost halfway through the summer. If you are looking for some summer fun this weekend as we make the crossover to a new month, our Plan Your Weekend guide has all types of movie screenings, date options and family fun for you to peruse. 

"Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do? "

Bob Marley