DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Construction Living

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!

Last year I had the distinct pleasure of living next to a construction site.

Each morning, the street was filled with workers and trucks loading in to work on the new football, soccer, lacrosse and field hockey structures.  It was slightly hellish to say the least.

This summer I moved to a new place on campus and thought, at last, I shall be free from the ever-present construction mayhem. I was wrong. 

Apparently, there is MORE construction over by the Dean Dome which is right next to my new residence. What are they building? Who knows? Actually, we do because we have a sporty construction update about all the new facilities going up. (Spoiler: They are gonna be a liiitttlle late)

The Rundown

• Last week, a 23-year-old man was shot in Chapel Hill. The victim is in the hospital and the investigation is still ongoing. 
  • Letter to the Editor: When it comes to bikes on the road, everyone needs to be a little more careful. This writer wants cars and pedestrians alike to respect the rules and make the streets safer for cyclists. 

Tunesday

It is the last full week of Summer Session ll classes, so it is time to buckle down. We've made a playlist perfect for studying and powering through until finals. Full of ~chill songs and lo-fi beats~ ready to provide the ambient noise you need. 

Things to Do

July 17- Parks and Rec Trivia- It's trivia Tuesday. Show your knowledge of Jerry insults and Andy mishaps with this ultimate fan challenge. ( Unscripted Durham)

July 17- Harry Potter Trivia-  If the above fandom doesn't do it for you, grab your wizard robes and start listing spells with this epic Harry Potter throw down. (Bull City Ciderworks) 

July 17- Pasta with Purpose- Trivia may not be your thing, but dogs are everyone's thing. Come socialize, eat and support Ear, Eyes, Nose and Paws with this dual-purpose event. (The Carolina Club)

" BIKES"

Tom Segura