DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: We lost the War of 1812

My dad and I have been fighting about who won the War of 1812 since I was in high school. I know that America lost the war, and he falsely believes that America "scraped by." 

I hope you can see what side I’m on. My dad and I can go on and on about it for hours if you let us. At this point, I just think he knows that I’m right and is trying to raise my blood pressure. 

My first year of college, I made an entire PowerPoint presentation pointing out exactly why my dad was wrong. I spent hours researching, pulling quotes and giving examples as to why the U.S. never stood a chance in the first place. I presented it to him at Thanksgiving (Happy Holidays!) and instead of listening to how I was right, he just YELLED at me that I was wrong. 

In hindsight, it was the nerdiest thing I’ve ever done. Good thing I’ve found solace in Nerd Nite, which will be this Wednesday at 7 p.m., at PIT comedy theater. 

Did you hear something? 

You might've heard about gunshots being fired on Rosemary this weekend. Here's what we know about it. 

Do you know what happened here Saturday? 

Let me catch you up if you need. On Saturday, a simultaneous prayer circle and potluck took place both for and against Confederate monument Silent Sam at McCorkle Place. Things got intense, eight people were arrested and two smoke bombs were detonated. 

Do you know what happened in Greenville on Saturday?

Because I have selective memory. Head football coach Larry Fedora does too (that's why he doesn't remember our 2014 loss against ECU). Maybe he's forgotten our loss on Saturday, too, but sports editor Chris Hilburn-Trenkle hasn't. Read his column here. 

Needing to review the game?  UNC came back to Chapel Hill with a 41-19 loss against ECU on Saturday. Yikes. 

Do you need Tuesday plans?

You're in luck! You can see Naomi Dix and Stormie Daie in their drag show "Sister Sister" at the Student Union on Sept. 11 at 8 p.m.

Did you know today's newsletter is sponsored by Flytedesk?

Are you currently a faculty member, or administrator at UNC? If so, we want to hear from you! Please take the following survey. It takes only 2-3 minutes and two lucky respondents will win a $25 Amazon gift card! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y673THD

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose." 

Coach Taylor