DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Will you accept this rose?

I once read that the reality show "The Bachelor" heavily encourages its contestants to use the word "journey" when describing their time on the show. Producers fear that using words like "competition" or "process" will take away from the romance and whimsy that producers so desperately try to create.

Instead, if contestants use "journey," it maybe feels more like they are on their way to the fairytale of a lifetime. "Process" and "competition" run the risk of making it sound like this is actually a show asking people to get married after six weeks of kind of dating and show themselves at their worst. So they say "journey" instead.

So I'm writing to you today to tell you — my god, this week has been a journey.

Today's updates 

Yesterday, Chancellor Folt and Provost Blouin announced that Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs Winston Crisp will be retiring later this month after 26 years at UNC. Read more about his legacy and career here.

To many in North Carolina, reproductive education in public schools is led by abstinence-first education, and often neglects teaching about consent.

Last night, a crowd gathered on Halifax Mall in Raleigh to protest the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

In sports news 

Your preview of UNC sports for this weekend: Football won't be playing this week, but you can still get your fill of UNC sports. Here's what's coming up this weekend.

ANALYSIS: The good and the bad — where UNC football team stands at the bye week: During the football team's bye week, the running game has been a sign of optimism. Quarterback play leaves a lot to be desired.

Things to do 

Ring in the weekend with arts assistant Kayla Boswell's office DJ playlist: The evolution of Kayla Boswell.

Take this survey!

A sponsored message brought to you by TIAA and Flytedesk

Are you currently a student, faculty member, or administrator at a college or university? If so, we want to hear from you! Please take this survey. It takes only 2-3 minutes and two lucky respondents will win a $75 Amazon gift card!

"Trying hard not to look like I'm trying that hard, failing miserably at everything, including that"

Modern Baseball