DTH Sports at a Glance

DTH Sports at a Glance: Don't ever give up

Taylor Treacy almost left the game she loved.

In her second season at North Carolina, the volleyball star was on the verge of giving up. She was on the bench and out of favor with Coach Joe Sagula, who had redshirted her the year before. As she watched her teammates excel on the court, she couldn't shake that nagging feeling: "I just don't know if I can do it."

Three years later, she's the star player on the court for the No. 11 Tar Heels and a leader off the court. After seeing her teammates live out their dreams, she's finally realizing hers.

And it all changed after one conversation.

Friday Feature

• Volleyball star Taylor Treacy faced a crossroads after her second season at UNC: give up or give everything.

Film review

• The first installment of our weekly series Film Review breaks down what went wrong for the UNC run defense against Georgia.

Weekend previews

• With a new coach and a stout defense, Illinois could pose a threat to UNC football on Saturday.
  • The men's golf team is primed for a bounceback season — if its upperclassmen can lead the way.

Stories from the week

• Every time UNC running back T.J. Logan touches the ball, watch out — you won't forget it.
  • The key to the Tar Heels' offense rebounding after the loss in Atlanta lies in the run-pass option.
  • After learning he would start moments before the Georgia game, redshirt sophomore Malik Carney stepped up for UNC on the defensive line.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Enjoying DTH Sports At a Glance? Send us your feedback.