Medium

App review: Kimoji lets you communicate like the Kardashians because why not

Kim Kardashian's special emoji app "Kimoji" rolled out an update last week, so I started a Kickstarter to get other people to pay for me to download the app.

It obviously failed and I bought it with my dad’s iTunes account anyway. Desperate times, guys!

Since downloading the app, I have made sure to take advantage of the keyboard whenever the opportunity arrives. I have been pleased, ashamed, excited and at times disgusted (too many pictures of Kim's butt.) I have been judged and applauded. I have lived.

Once you download the Kimoji app, you have to go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboard > Add New Keyboard and then click Kimoji. Time consuming, but simple enough.

The biggest surprise for me was the sheer number. There are seriously so many Kimojis. Lots of food, cars and Kim making every expression imaginable.

Here’s the kicker, though. Unlike normal emojis, you actually have to copy a Kimoji by tapping it and paste it into your textbox. Hopefully this will be updated eventually so I can quickly insert 100 crying Kim faces.

Despite these struggles, the app is absolutely worth downloading because so many of the Kimojis are golden. The GIFs of Kim dancing are a bit too much at times, but are made acceptable by the GIF of her hitting Khloe with a purse.

Kimoji can make GroupMe chats and the everyday text conversation much more exciting. Below are a few of my favorites.

For when you're feeling both trendy and nerdy:

For when that weirdo won't stop asking you to be his valentine (this doesn't happen to me):

For when you're texting Khloe back about her new photoshoot:

I would share more, but I paid $1.99 for this keyboard. Go get your own. But seriously, download Kimoji from the App Store, and you'll be saying "yaaaasssssss" for days.