Medium

How the 'Kendall and Kylie' game made me more productive

Unless you live under a rock or have an actual life, you would know that Kendall and Kylie Jenner released an app late last week.

The app is quite similar to older sister Kim's, in which users complete tasks such as attending an 8-hour concert for a DJ-rapper that somewhat resembles Tyga. Thrilling stuff.

Being the good student that I try to be, I waited until Friday after class to download the app, as I did not want to be distracted by the glamorous world in which I have over 3,000 followers on social media and spend my days hanging out with my super good friends Kendall and Kylie. 

I was surprisingly productive this weekend, as waiting for my energy to reload gave me time to work on things that will actually help me in life. For some reason, this mindless and simple game helped me stay on track during my six hour stay at the UL on Sunday.

I know this seems very counterproductive and you're probably wondering how the hell this worked.

Long story short, I used the app to reward myself for successfully completing an assignment. For example, I read two chapters of my assigned political science homework, taking up about an hour of my time. After which I took a 5-minute break, in which I checked the app.

My energy was restored, I successfully completed my vlog and continued along my path to becoming a social media queen.

With my digital life on track, I returned to the mundane task of trying to get my actual life on track. 

While I may not have become a real-life internet celebrity, I did mange to get ahead on homework for the first time in a long time. If that's not getting your life on track then I don't know what is. 

So thank you, Kendall and Kylie, for creating an app that allows me to take study breaks that don't result in me watching the Spice Girls movie on Netflix and emerging two hours later in a panic because I've wasted a magnanimous amount of time. Both my sanity and my grades are sincerely indebted to you both. 

via GIPHY