Medium

Playlist: Are you ever truly alone with music in your ears?

During the Valentine's Day weekend they say that love is in the air. But sometimes, "they" don't want us to be in love. 

For us single folks we get the kind of love that comes from our friends, our parents or our pets. But when our friends have dates, our parents find lives, and our pets are feeling unusually antisocial, where does that leave people like us? 

Join me on a journey through Spotify to a mix of 15 songs for the single to help you cope with this lonely day of love: 

1. "What Is Love" — Haddaway

Tired of the pain? Confused about love as a concept and a truth? Let this catchy jingle take you to a place of relief and release. Turn it all the way up and question your love life while dancing violently to shake away the tears.

2. "A Thousand Miles" — Vanessa Carlton

In a long distance situationship? Got one of those cliché secret crushes? Belt out your feelings to this classic love tragedy! Sing to the skies that you'd travel far and long just to see someone may not want to see you too.

3. "Sorry Not Sorry" — Bryson Tiller

Have you recently experienced a major social upgrade? Are you receiving valentine notes and gifts from snobs who suddenly want to befriend you? If you're not into pseudo-relationships and want to be intentionally alone and simultaneously strong this is your next jam. Remember we don't like gold diggers.

4. "Wrecking Ball" — Miley Cyrus

Has your life been wrecked by a relationship or a partner? Are you ready to wreck their life right back? Get inspired by the words and the screams! Take the force that destroyed your relationship and destroy a box of chocolates while you sing along.

5. "Baby" — Justin Bieber

Reminiscing? Missing what you and yours used to be? Listen to JB and hold on to every ounce of hope that your baby will come back. You know that you two are more than just friends, but sometimes it takes Valentine's Day without you to make them realize that. 

6. "So Sick" — Ne-Yo

Fresh out of a relationship? Welcome to the single club! We have playlists.

7. "I'm Out" — Ciara

Newly single? Did your ex move on before you? Don't worry they'll miss you eventually, and if they don't this is your next "Who cares?!" anthem. Hit the club and pick up a new one!

8. "Thinking Out Loud" — Ed Sheeran

Do you still have faith in your broken heart? Still in love with the one who did you wrong? That's totally OK! Take a song or two to be a sappy and pitiful as you want. Love hurts; you deserve a pass.

9. "Survivor" — Destiny's Child

Are you over feeling sorry for yourself? Are you going stop now or work harder? Get off your petty behind, learn this song word-for-word, and sing it to the world. Everywhere you go, don't stop singing it. Your happiness is the sweetest revenge.

10. "Cry Me a River" — Justin Timberlake

Happy to be free of an exhausting relationship? Feeling free? Say bye-bye to the sucker that used to know you. No take-backs. They can, well... cry you a river.

11. "Beware" — Big Sean

Are you angry? Does your ex think you're going to take this breakup sitting down? You may be alone this Valentine's Day but with this song playing in the background you are going to plan your most devious revenge yet. Let's get crazy.

12. "F*ck You (Very Much)" — Lily Allen

Are you a proper individual with strong improper feelings towards a certain ex-lover? Be as rude as you possibly can in the quaintest way with this cute melody. I won't tell anyone else, I promise.

13. "F*ck You" — Cee Lo Green

Are you the jealous type? How about the aggressive type? It's OK to feel abrasive and express yourself in a way that is non-violent. So sing!

14. "Somebody To Love" — Justin Bieber 

Ready to love? Got no one to give it to? That's OK kiddo, someone will give you a shot one day. In the meantime, step to the beat of this song. Trust me, they're out there.

15. "No Scrubs" — T. L. C.

Beggars can't be choosers right? Or can they? If so, then you know good and well that you do NOT want a lame, a scrub, or a loser. It's way better to be your own valentine.