Medium

Binge Watch Guide: 'Band of Brothers'

Binge Watch Guide is a blog series to lead you through the many available series for streaming. 

Praise UNC's subscription to HBO Go! There's so many hidden gems among the series they host, and one such gem is "Band of Brothers." This American war drama miniseries follows the dramatic history of the "Easy Company" as they struggle to survive WWII. 

Time Commitment: Very low. With only 10 episodes for a total of 11 hours and 45 minutes of binge watching, you could easily watch the entire series in one day. 

The Good: Even though the series is short, it really packs an emotional punch with each episode. The cast does a fantastic job of portraying the mental stress of the war and the bonds that are created between soldiers, who are extremely flawed yet extraordinary human beings. The miniseries shows both the civil and the savage sides of war, walking the very fine line between heroism and violence. 

The Bad: During the battle scenes — of which there are MANY — it is difficult to distinguish between the soldiers, which can get pretty confusing. It is also hard to keep the characters straight, as they all tend to get muddled together against the backdrop of war. 

The Takeaway: Honestly this is a must-watch. It's super inspiring and insightful, as well as being the perfect length to waste a day with. 

If you like this, consider watching: The Pacific, another American war miniseries that follows three Marines in the Pacific theater during WWII. 

@calliewilliamss