Medium

Binge watch guide: "F is for Family"

Binge Watch Guide is a blog series to lead you through the many available series for streaming.

Time commitment: Low. There’s only one season (for now) which consists of six 25 minute long episodes

Most Interesting Character: Frank Murphy

Frank, voiced by your favorite angry comedian, Bill Burr, drives this show with his “dad rage.” He quips back at his half-delinquent, half-stupid children while his stay-at-home tupperware-selling wife tries to hold everything together.

Honorable mention favorite character: Vic, Frank’s annoying but kind hippie neighbor. Whether he is walking around the neighborhood with his face covered in cocaine or showing off his numerous, scantily clad girlfriends, he always is doing the worst imaginable things to a straight-laced Vietnam vet like Frank.

The Good: Even though this may be one of the most smart-aleck shows on Netflix at the moment, it unexpectedly tugs on your heartstrings. Most of what I could put here would be spoilers, but the creators of the show manage to unexpectedly highlight problems real families have and how they fix it.

The Bad: All of the unresolved issues in the show stay unresolved. With only six episodes, they have just enough time to introduce drama, but not enough time to deal with it.

Favorite quote:

(Frank and his wife kiss in front of their son, Kevin)

Kevin: Get a room!
Frank: F*** you, get an apartment.