Pit Talk

10 terrible things that are better than Duke

The most anticipated week of the year has dawned upon the campuses of the Tobacco Road rivalry... It's the week leading up to the first UNC vs. Duke basketball game of the season. 

We all know who #thebetterblue is, but is there anything actually worse than the other team down the road? Nope. 

Here is a list of 10 cringe-worthy things that can't even compare with how bad Duke is:

1. Ill-conceived questions on Yahoo Answers

Source: Reddit.com

If you google "dumb Yahoo Answers questions" not only will you find hours of entertainment, but also  begin to question the fate of humanity. Obviously the user asking "How big is the specific ocean?" could use a geography lesson or two, and a good dose of common sense. Even the most unfortunate questions on Yahoo Answers at least provide a good laugh. 

2. John Travolta butchering Idina Menzel's name at the Oscars

Pronouncing anyones name wrong, ESPECIALLY Idina Menzel, is any award show's biggest nightmare. John Travolta will definitely never recover from this one. I mean, seriously, "Adele Nazeem?" 

3. Frosted Tips

SourceEmpty Net Sports

While some may say frosted tips are a lost art form of the 90s, this is definitely a trend that disappeared from the pop culture scene for the better. However, this highly popular fad among boy bands brings back a nostalgic feeling of childhood — definitely better than Duke.

4. People who walk too slowly in front of you

SourceBuzzfeed

Whether it's walking to class, in the mall, or down the street — there is nothing more annoying than people who walk slowly in front of you (especially when you have places to be.) Not sure why you are walking if it is not with a purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke students were slow walkers.  

5. This Vine of these girls trying to harmonize 

I'm no singer, but I know this is bad. Like, really bad. However, I would listen to this vine over the Duke fight song any day.

6. Britney Spears circa 2007

SourceImgur.com

Britney Spears definitely went off the deep end in 2007. Shaving your head and attacking a mini-van with an umbrella is really bad, especially when it is plastered all over the news. At least Britney got herself together, and made a comeback that saved her pop-sensation image. Everyone loves Britney again, but Duke? Never.  

7. Misspelled names on Starbucks cups

SourceGuff.com

It's hard to enjoy a drink from Starbucks when your name is clearly spelled in an absurd way. It's annoying to look at, but hey, at least you get coffee out of it.   

8. Nicolas Cage as Hannah Montana

SourcePinterest

Why would you ever take something so fantastic as Hannah Montana and photoshop a middle aged man's face onto her? It not only ruins the album cover, but it's also super creepy. Duke still manages to be worse than this unfortunate image. 

9. An unfortunate photo becoming a viral meme

SourceComplex.com

Having a bad picture of you taken and posted on social media or the internet is bad enough, but when it becomes a viral meme that gets photoshopped onto every person's face ever — it doesn't get much worse than that, but wait — it does! We are talking about a meme of Michael Jordan, which isn't even comparable to how bad Duke is. Duke takes the cake.

10. Lehigh Basketball 2012

Lastly, we can never forget the Lehigh vs. Duke basketball game in the 2012 NCAA tournament. As the #15 seed, Lehigh beat the number two seed Duke with a major upset during the second round of the tournament. Lehigh was bad, but yet again, they were still better than Duke.

As the countdown until Wednesday continues, remember there is nothing in the world that is worse than Duke.