From the Press Box

UNC leads Wake Forest 52-33 at halftime

The North Carolina Tar Heels followed up their upset win against No. 5 Duke with an impressive first half against Wake Forest and lead 52-33 at halftime

Freshman Kennedy Meeks leads UNC with 12 points and four rebounds. He kicked off the scoring with six straight points, as UNC first fell behind Wake Forest, 6-4.

UNC then scored nine straight points to take a 13-6 lead and would add to that lead for the remainder of the half.

Meeks fell to the floor midway through the first half after hyper-extending his knee and spraining his ankle. After a quick trip to the locker room Meeks returned and made several easy baskets under the rim before halftime.

Senior guard Leslie McDonald made three 3-pointers in the first half and has 11 points at halftime

The Tar Heels made four of five 3-point attempts — three from McDonald, one from Paige — in the first half. UNC shot 53.3 percent from the field in the first half, and 94.1 percent from the free-throw line, making 16 free throws.

UNC carried a streak of 21 consecutive made free throws, dating back to the end of the Duke game, until a James Michael McAdoo miss late in the first half. McAdoo has nine points and three assists at halftime.