Tar Heel Life Hacks

Obscure Halloween costumes based on TV shows from your childhood

When it comes to Halloween costume ideas, most people fall into the slump of doing something trendy, hip, and relatively current. 

Since Halloween is all about switching things up, I decided to offer my ideas that evoke some of our fondest childhood memories — our favorite throwback TV shows. 

In an attempt to avoid mainstream cliched outfits, however, I focused mainly on supporting characters because they deserve some love too, and are practically guaranteed to transform you intoHalloQWEENS this year. 

Trick-or-Treat yo selves:

Source: Tumblr

Lisa Zemo — "Ned’s Declassified"

Thinking that you can’t go out on Halloween because you’re sick? Think again! Embrace the plague that you caught from your roommate with the girl that's allergic to absolutely everything!

Source: BuzzFeed

Suga Mama and Puff - The Proud Family

Trick-or-Treating with your dog this year? What better way flaunt your pup than with the most flawless Disney duo ever - Suga Mama and Puff. The matching hair is also a must. 

Source: BuzzFeed

Ethan Craft — "Lizzie McGuire"

All you need to DIY this is a puka shell necklace, a love of pasta and zero common sense! Fun!

Source: Tumblr

Crazy Steve — "Drake and Josh"

*I never thought that it’d be so simple but* just throw on a red vest and accessorize with a baseball bat. Done.

Source: Reddit

The Dancing Lobsters — "The Amanda Show"

These are not your average crustaceans. These are cool crustaceans.

Source: Tumblr

Dexter — "Dexter’s Laboratory"

Perfectly fitting if you’re on the pre-med track. 

Source: Reddit

Nigel Thornberry — "The Wild Thornberrys"

If you’re horrible at impressions, this is the look for you! Nigel’s voice is basically just a terrible gargling noise.

Source: BuzzFeed

Helga G Pataki — "Hey Arnold"

You’re sure to standout from the crowd with this one! Mostly because her hair looks like brooms and she has a monobrow.

Source: Giphy

Shego — "Kim Possible"

Kim Possible? More like kIMPOSSIBLE to be original with that!!! Try Shego instead. She’s bad and she knows it.