Tar Heel Life Hacks

8 fun and easy Thanksgiving desserts

Thanksgiving is a great time for everyone to gather around their loved ones over the one thing that everybody has in common — a love for delicious food.

We all can’t get enough turkey and mashed potatoes, but sometimes the same routine of having plain-Jane pumpkin pie for dessert gets boring. Here’s some yummy dessert recipes for the best Thanksgiving foods you can use to change it up a little bit:

Pumpkin

Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake:

Recipe from: Live, Love and Sugar

Everyone knows that the easiest way to make any dessert more delicious is to add chocolate. Add some to your pumpkin pie and make it a cake to spice things up this Thanksgiving!

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles:

Recipe from: Cooking Classy

Snickerdoodles and their cinnamon flavor are one of the best fall treats, and mixing that with pumpkin, the ultimate fall food, just pushes this dessert over the top as far as a must-have item.

Apples

Bloomin’ Baked Apples:

Recipe from: The Gunny Sack

Outback Steakhouse is famous for their Bloomin’ Onion, but it’s not really a great dish for dessert (or Thanksgiving in general). Here we can take their idea and apply it to a delicious dessert and get brownie points along the way for presentation.

Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes:

Recipe from: Cooking Classy

A full cake or pie is a lot. It’s hard to cut up to share and usually there’s way too much left over. With these mini cheesecakes, you have the same delicious apple pie but in much smaller servings, great for less clean-up and better portion control after a large Thanksgiving feast.

Cranberries

Cranberry and Walnut Pinwheels:

Recipe from: Diethood

Cakes and pies are very mainstream desserts around the holidays, and finger foods often get left behind in the dust. These pastries bring together the same festive flavors, but they’re in a different presentation while still being easy to make and easy to enjoy.

Soft-baked, White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies:

Recipe from: Sally’s Baking Addiction

Chocolate chip cookies are classics, so why not just add in some holiday flair to them? This is a great way to spice up something you may already have been making to make it more festive.

Pecans

Apple Pecan Monkey Bread:

Recipe from: Great Grub, Delicious Treats

Anyone who hasn’t tried monkey bread is missing out – it’s like a cinnamon roll except in a cake form and it’s super easy to prepare. Add some apple and pecans and you’ve got yourself a great post Thanksgiving feast treat that can even be saved for breakfast the next morning.

Southern Pecan Praline Cake:

Recipe from: The Country Cook

This is the Thanksgiving equivalent of a lava cake. It’s got some great holiday flavors in it, and it’s super easy to make (it uses box cake mix and frosting from the shelf). This is a great gift to put together if your turkey is taking too long and you don’t have as much time as you wished you did to focus on dessert.