Tar Heel Life Hacks

Eight steps to prankster fame

Do you aspire to be the Best Prankster that Ever Lived? Do you #relate to Jim Halpert?

If you answered yes to either of these questions, look no further, for the successful performance of any of the following stints will put you on the fast track to prankster fame!

1. The “Post-It”

Time Commitment: Low

Buy as many packs of Post-Its as you can. Stick them on every inch of your roommate’s side of the room. Spelling out words or making shapes is an added bonus! Voila! #Pranked.

2. The “Mustache”

Time Commitment: Low

Draw and cut out tiny mustaches (any style works) and tape them onto all of your roommate’s posters and pictures! Nothing beats the sight of a Jon Stewart poster with a Burn Reynolds mustache.

3. The “TP”

Time Commitment: Medium

Buy toilet paper. TP your roommate’s side of the room. For best effect, wrap every object he or she owns with toilet paper. Secure with tape if necessary. Make sure to be out of the room when he or she gets home at risk of being forced to clean it up yourself.

4. The “Shoestring”

Time Commitment: Medium

Take all of your roommate’s shoes with laces, and hang them from the ceiling by slipping the laces under the ceiling panels. When your roommate gets back to the room, he/she will look up to a constellation of his or her shoes!

5. The “Donald Trump” or the “Hillary Clinton”

(Depends on roommate’s political party affiliation)

Time Commitment: Medium

Tape pictures of Donald Trump (or Hillary Clinton) all over everything your roommate owns while he/she is sleeping. When your roommate wakes up, he or she will be so spooked that he/she won’t be able to get out of bed!

6. The “Swap”

Time Commitment: High

Swap all your stuff to your roommate’s side of the room, and all his/her stuff to your side of the room. It will probably take a very long time but (maybe?) it will be worth it when you see the look on his/her face!!!!

7. The “Solo Cup”

Time Commitment: High

Buy a TON of Red Solo Cups. Fill each cup up with water and surround your roommate’s bed and desk with the cups while he or she is sleeping. When he or she wakes up they will be stranded. LOL.

8. The “Duke Fan”

Time Commitment: High

Buy a large amount of Duke paraphernalia. Replace all of your roommate’s UNC paraphernalia with Duke paraphernalia. When your roommate returns to the room, the sight of a Duke pennant and multiple Blue Devil posters will send her running straight to the bathroom! #DukeIsPuke