Tar Heel Life Hacks

5 weird but necessary things to bring to class

On the way to class in the morning, there are a number of things we as students of UNC choose to bring with us, like notebooks, our laptops, our laptop chargers, etc. But what about the other stuff?

An umbrella

Although it’s not always raining an umbrella is a necessity. North Carolina weather is the epitome of unpredictable, and you can never be too prepared for what exactly is in store for you on your walk from class to class throughout the day.

Pepper spray

You can never be too safe.  Also pepper spray cases come in assorted colors that add spice to your keychain. Pun intended

A scantron

Even if you don’t have a test someone literally always needs a scantron or a #2 pencil. Being a good samaritan can be extremely difficult and a waste of time, but this makes it extremely easy to make someone’s day 100 times better.

Deodorant

I’m fully aware that every single person reading this post has forgotten deodorant at some point so it never hurts to keep it on hand and in your book bag so when you’re sitting in class, and you realize and panic a little, you can feel relieved in a heartbeat after realizing that you’re covered.

Gum

Gum is an absolute necessity. You never know what you might eat for lunch, or when your morning breath just won’t go away. Which can be detrimental to the cute person you might see walking through campus. On the bright side gum is the answer to probably 99 of your problems in these situations, and it’s only a dollar. Don’t smell, chew gum.