Tar Heel Life Hacks

What to do after March Madness Ends

By the time this is published, the NCAA championship will be over and you’ll be blissfully watching the game without a care in the world. (I’m kidding. We’re hours from tip-off at the moment and I’m having stress sweats… tmi).

You might be casually jumping over forbidden fires (knocking on wood) and then proceed to casually wonder, “What am I going to do with my life now?”. Well, fam, I’m here to help.

What to do with your life when March Madness Ends:

You might’ve seen my fellow blogger’s tips for distracting yourself until the final four, and now we’re through the entire championship. So there are two sets of recommendations for you to explore!

Image result for happy unc basketball players 2016

“YASS”

Source: Newsobserver.Com

Post Game:

“What should I do now? I just got home from _____.”

Now’s the time for you to review the season at your own pace. Whether you’ve been following the season since Late Night With Roy or you literally only watched the game tonight, take some time to think about the experience.

Maybe a heartfelt to social media would be your cup of tea — perhaps Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Think about our privilege to be Tar Heels all year round, not just during March Madness.

Take some inspiration from former Tar Heel baller Deon Thompson:

General Script

After you’ve added to the massive feed of Tar Heel- themed posts on Instagram, it’s time to sleep and dream Tar Heel basketball.

Next Day:

Call home.

Yep, you should call your mom and/ or your dad. Whether they like sports or not, they were probably bombarded with what happened at the game and they probably want to hear from you. Unless they’re like my completely dope parents, who will be at the Dean Dome.

S/o to my amazing parents, who have grown exponentially in their love for the Heels in the past 6 months. I’m extremely lucky that I can text my mom about the game and she’ll respond with all caps, two blue heart emojis and a Ram emoji.

Yours want to talk to you too. So ringy-dingy.

Source: CommitToFittness.com

Next Day, continued:

You should probably go to class. I mean. Yeah. You should go to class. Sorry.

80s blue john hughes ferris buellers day off matthew broderick

Source: Giphy.com

(Also, your homework isn’t going to do itself, so I would get on that. However begrudgingly.)

Rest of the Week:

Time to get back into the swing of things. Make a list, write in your Lilly Pulitzer planner, organize your room, just try to do something productive. I believe in us.

“What if I have free time and don’t know what to do???” Refer to the list above. If you’ve already completed the list you could:

1. Go on an adventure. Go somewhere you’ve never been before!

Recommend: Walk around campus without a map or your phone and explore a bit. Go somewhere new to eat; there are other places on Franklin besides Old Chicago, ya feel?

Image result for franklin street chapel hill

Source: Wikipedia

2. Go to a an extra-curricular class:

Image result for dancing with the stars 

(If Paula can do it, so can you).

Source: EW.com

3. Go to church — maybe not even your own church. Explore!

If you can’t be original/are caught in bed with allergies/sickness, watch some really cool TV/Movies. I recommend:

Game of Thrones: Warning: Time Investment. Addicting, Will rip your heart to shreds. Watch it with your HBO Go Subscription from School (S/O UNC)

Same, Sansa.

Source: Buzzfeed

New Girl.  Precautions: Low time commitment. Hilarious. Easy to watch 5 episodes without noticing. Watch it on Netflix and catch up on recent episodes on Fox.com

Spotlight: It just won the Academy Award for Best Picture. Wouldn’t hurt to get a little cinema culture in your bones.

.Image result for spotlight movie poster

Source: EW.com

4. Get HYPE for the upcoming summer Olympics with one of the greatest films in cinematic history, with the best hype speech ever.

Miracle. As in the Miracle on Ice. 1980 Winter Olympics and the US crush the Soviets and inspired one of the best movies of all time.

Image result for miracle movie

Source: en.Wikipedia.Org

Until next March Madness, I'll see y'all later.

@sarah_mcculla