The Onyen

First-year student loses all of his friends after failing to use "Go Heels" filter on Facebook

First-year student James Garfield reported that he lost every single one of his friends during Duke Hate Week after choosing not to update his Facebook profile picture with the “Go Heels” filter.

Garfield said he wasn’t aware it would cause a problem in his relationships until Wednesday, when he noticed no one would talk to him or sit with him in Lenoir.

“I just decided to leave up my picture from prom,” Garfield said. “I think it’s pretty flattering and I didn’t have a good UNC one.”

Garfield’s friends said they were frustrated with his lack of school spirit.

“I mean, it’s Duke Hate Week, and he acted like he didn’t even care. I choose not to associate with those people,” said his hallmate and former friend Douglas Brown.

One acquaintance claimed she had even found Garfield attractive before he made such a rash decision. First-year Sandra Johnson said “he has a great personality and good hair, but it’s not like I could ever date someone who doesn’t hate Duke with every last fiber of their being.”

Garfield said he is currently considering trying out for the part of Ramses in order to win back his friends.