The Onyen

11 signs your roommate is basically your mother

College means something different for everyone, but to a lot of us it means one thing: freedom. 

But, life is sometimes like an overused Spider-Man quote: "With great freedom comes great responsibility." 

In college, that means learning how to do things on your own like laundry and ignoring Grandma's calls. But, if you're as lucky as I am, your roommate comes in clutch when it comes to these kinds of things.

So, roomie, here's to you. You make it feel like I never left home.

1. She wakes you up for class in the morning, then asks you to wake your brothers too.

2. You oddly resemble each other. Like, people have said that she looks like an older you on multiple occasions.

3. On the walk to class, she always asks really loudly if that's the boy with the cute butt that you were telling her about.

4. She helps you file your taxes.

5. She writes your professors heated emails if they don't take your minute-late assignments.

6. She kisses you on the cheek in front of all your friends.

7. You constantly have to run out and get groceries even though you both have meal plans.

8. She goes to bed really early, so you have to sleep over at another friend's dorm on those ~fun~ nights.

9. And when she asks where you were on those ~fun~ nights, you have to lie to protect the sweet and innocent image she still holds of you.

10. Privacy means nothing to her.

11. She's married to your father.