The Onyen

New student group alert: Cuckoo for Carolina

Are you in love with the cocoa? This new club is probably for you.

Cuckoo for Carolina, sponsored by Carolina Dining Services, is a new student organization founded on the love of little chocolate balls. That's right: Cocoa Puffs.

"Cocoa Puffs is arguably the best cereal in the world, no, the universe," said Cuckoo for Carolina founder Harriet Potter. "They combine the fun and free nature of spherical balls with the absolutely astonishing feat of changing the nature of a dairy product before your very eyes."

Cuckoo for Carolina devotes itself to spreading awareness about the true culinary wonder that is Cocoa Puffs.

"Our next big event is the Cuckoo Conference which will be held sometime next week," said CFC events manager Kendra Williams. 

The Cuckoo Conference, she says, will be sort of a state fair for Cocoa Puffs. Activities will include a Cocoa Puffs eating contest, Pin the Tail on the Giant Orange Cocoa Puff Bird Thing and a cake walk, where instead of winning various types of cakes, winners will receive varying amounts of Cocoa Puffs.

Charles Barkley, head of the recruitment committee, is very excited about Conference.

"We'll be able to gauge how many people are true and dedicated fans of CP," Barkley said.

The committee's previous strategy of immediately approaching anyone they saw eating Cocoa Puffs proved not to be very effective.

"A lot of people screamed," Barkley said. "But, I mean, that's my reaction to the awesomeness of Cocoa Puffs too."