The Onyen

Student transfers after heartbreaking omelette disaster

If Charles Dickens went to Chapel Hill, he would find solace in Rams Dining Hall on a Sunday morning. It's the best of times, and it's the worst times.

Unfortunately, this past Sunday, the worst of times cast a shadow over the omelette bar. Following a horrible order mix-up, in which a student was accidentally denied mushrooms in his omelette, chaos ensued.

"I didn't know what was happening," first-year Tully Conrad said as she reflected on the matter. "All of a sudden, the line stopped moving, and only one omelette was being made." Miss Conrad said she had rarely seen order complications before, but this was one of the worst. 

"Everyone in line held their breath, eyes focused on the breakfast that could have been theirs," Miss Conrad told a DTH reporter. 

"In the last few seconds when the chef folded the omelette, it broke under pressure. The only thing I've experienced more shocking than that was the buzzer beater in that game I don't want to mention." 

A few moments later, the student reportedly took his broken omelette and walked away, clearly angry and disappointed in his breakfast choice, but not disappointed in how he ruined the blissful sanctuary of Rams. 

Insider sources say he is now considering going to a school where it's "easy to get an omelette exactly how you want it." 

Another student, who wishes to remain anonymous, commented on the situation.

I would hope he transfers. I waited 30 minutes for my omelette because of him. He scrambled my day!" 

We wish this student our best as he moves forward in his search for the perfect-omelette-making-dining-hall, especially considering that it doesn't get any better than Rams. May the eggs be ever in your favor.