Town Talk

Carrboro talked transportation, street banners Tuesday night

The Carrboro Board of Aldermen wants to see a Triangle Transit bus stop in Carrboro, though they don’t know where yet.
At a Tuesday night meeting, the board unanimously voted to continue to pursue the extension of a bus stop.
Jeff Brubaker, Carrboro transportation planner, discussed the possibility of having a stop at three different locations — the 300 W. Weaver St. municipal parking lot, Wilson Park and Anderson Park location.
Although the Board of Aldermen declined to vote on a specific location, Alderwoman Lydia Lavelle proposed a resolution to pursue extending Triangle Transit service to Carrboro.
Alderman Dan Coleman amended the resolution to include that the stop would not include a park-and-ride lot at this time and would be placed on Main or Weaver Street near a Chapel Hill Transit bus stop.
The board also considered a Street Banner Program that would allow for the collection of revenue from the banner sponsors but decided to push the matter until the next meeting.
They also unanimously voted to accept the 2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan Alternative Analysis with the provision that the Metropolitan Planning Organization consider green house gas emissions when making future transportation projections.