Town Talk

Adoptable Dog of the Week: Bear

Staff writer Maggie Monsrud volunteers at the Orange County Animal Shelter. Each week, she will write about a dog at the shelter who's up for adoption. You can visit the shelter's website here and see last week's post here.

Breed: Gordon Setter mix

Gender: Male

Age: 2 years old

Bear is…oh, how do I put this nicely…fluffy. Bear is very fluffy. And I’m not just talking about his fur. Bear has long, soft and luscious hair. But Bear is also large and in charge. He has a lot to love. Okay, I’ll just come out and say it: Bear is a little chunky. I found out pretty quickly that Bear would do just about anything for a treat. He knows how to sit, and he is an expert at catching treats.

And apparently, Bear absolutely loves snow. I understand that with such a fabulous coat, the cold is not a problem for Bear, but his love for snow was overwhelming. Just like with the treats, when I threw snow in the air Bear would catch it and then go digging around for more.

So if you’re looking for a dog that will keep you warm during the winter and keep you equally entertained, Bear is the dog for you. He is incredibly sweet and loves going for walks.

If you are interested in Bear, please visit his Orange County Animal Shelter page here, then pay him a visit at the shelter. If you hurry, you may get a chance to see him in the snow before it all melts away.