Town Talk

Adoptable Dog of the Week: Jade

Staff writer Maggie Monsrud volunteers at the Orange County Animal Shelter. Each week, she will write about a dog at the shelter who's up for adoption. You can visit the shelter's website here and see last week's post here.

Jade

Breed: German Shepherd

Gender: Female

Age: 7 years old

I’ve always thought German Shepherds were such a beautiful dogs. They’re incredibly loyal and unbelievably obedient. At 7 years old, Jade is not only loyal and respectful, but she also has the energy of a 1-year-old. She’s disciplined and knows how to sit and shake.

When I sat down on the floor with her, she immediately pushed her head against me, almost as if asking me to give her a hug. I think that’s one of the qualities that makes dogs so unique. Many dogs look at us humans as if we’re the greatest creatures on earth and like our love and attention is all they need. Jade didn’t care about the food in her dish or the toys surrounding her. All she cared about was receiving affection from all the people walking by her door.

German Shepherds are a large breed, so Jade would probably be best suited for a family with lots of room for her to run around. Jade is also an older dog, so while she is well behaved, she may have more health concerns than younger dogs. But like I’ve mentioned before and I’ll mention again, old dogs make fantastic companions, because they’re wise and know what they can and can’t get away with.

If you’re interested in adopting Jade, please visit her OCAS page here. Jade’s adoption fee has been fully sponsored, meaning she is free to adopt. Make sure you pay her a visit at the shelter and give her a big hug.