View from the Hill

Faces of the rally: a weekend with Bernie

The Bernie Sanders campaign refuses to be ignored. For his most recent rally, the presidential hopeful booked the Greensboro Coliseum — which can accommodate more than 7,000 people — and the place was packed with supporters. Following are some attendees' thoughts:

"His policies in regard to student debt and loan forgiveness are along the lines of the views of a majority of college students, and the fact that he is even talking about it makes a difference."

Buck Hinman, Wake Forest University, journalism

"I think that people are tired of the corporate control that is so prevalent in America and they want someone who is more interested in the interests of the middle class and students and whatnot — someone who is dealing with a lot of social issues that other candidates aren't really focused on right now."

Ishaan Puranam, Greensboro, N.C. (left)

"He's the only one who's a decent human being. I'm pretty sure every single other candidate doesn't regard me as a person because I identify as an Asian American female — I'm also not straight and I'm low income."

Jessica Yao, Chapel Hill, N.C.

"I think Bernie's message resonates with a lot of people, especially the working class. We're tired of Wall Street and money in politics. There's power for change. Obama didn't bring it, Hillary would be no different — it's time, we're done with it."

Chazz Tate, Greensboro, N.C. (left) 

For more photos of the event, click here.